Special thanks to Alilatias from the Dragon Nest Forums for providing the maajority of the information in this article.
As of the 3/29/2014 update, the Sparks and Suffix systems have been replaced with the Dragon Gem (also called Dragon Jade overseas) system. They can be obtained and used after the player has reached level 40. All equipment prior to the 3/29/14 update is now marked as "Old Equipment" and can still be sparked and suffixed. However, all newly crafted and looted equipment can not be sparked or suffixed. The only exception to this is all Desert Dragon equipment, which still use the spark system. All other Dragon equipment (Sea Dragon, Green Dragon, and the future Black Dragon Nests) use Dragon Gems.
Types of Dragon Gems[edit | edit source]
Stat Gems[edit | edit source]
These Gems provide Stat bonuses, and largely replace the Spark system.
Offensive Dragon Gem:
Provides stat bonuses to Physical Attack, Magical Attack, Critical, Fire Attack, Ice Attack, Light Attack, and Dark Attack.
Defensive Dragon Gem:
Provides stat bonuses to Strength, Agility, Intellect, HP, and MP.
Skill Gems[edit | edit source]
These Gems are unreleased in the NA version, but provide "On-hit" bonuses that replace the Suffix system.
Offensive Skill Dragon Gem:
All Offensive Skill Gems provide an attack buff that lasts for 10 seconds before applying a 10-second offensive debuff (60 second cooldown) to the enemy. These effects include enemy reduction in Elemental Resist, Physical Damage, Magical Damage, Critical Resist, Movement Speed, Super Armor defense, Super Armor Attack, and Critical Hit rate.
Defensive Skill Dragon Gem:
All Defensive Skill Gems provide an HP recovery effect before providing a defensive buff that lasts for 5 seconds (30 second cooldown). These effects include personal increases in Elemental Resist, Physical Defense, Magical Defense, Movement Speed, Super Armor, Paralyze Resist, Critical Resist, and HP recovery from items.
- Guardian Skill Dragon Gem: Recover 3588 HP, phy def +20%.
- Balanced Skill Dragon Gem: Recover 3588 HP, mag def +20%.
- Partisan's Skill Dragon Gem: Recover 3588 HP, phy & mag def + 10%
- Healing Skill Dragon Gem: Recover 3588 HP, recovery amount of healing skill + 20%.
- Steel Skill Dragon Gem: Recover 3588 HP, super armor defense increases slightly.
- Glacier Skill Dragon Gem Recover 3588 HP, ice elemental defense + 10%.
- Dawn's Skill Dragon Gem : Recover 3588 HP, Dark & Light elemental resist + 10%.
- Trustworthy Skill Dragon Gem: Recover 3588 HP, paralyze resist + 15%.
- Dragon Slayer's Skill Dragon Gem: Recover 3588 HP, all elemental defense + 7%.
- Pledge Skill Dragon Gem: Recover 3588 HP, crit resist + 15%.
- Agility Skill Dragon Gem: Recover 3588 HP, moving speed + 10%.
Elemental Conversion Gem[edit | edit source]
Elemental Conversion Dragon Gem:
Elemental Conversion Gems are a special type of Offensive Dragon Gem that converts all of a player's non-elemental attacks into the element of the specific dragon gem. However, it lowers the elemental attack stat of the player by 30%. Unlike regular Offensive Dragon Gems, Elemental Conversion Gems can only be placed on the Primary Weapon, and can not be placed into rings or off-hand weapons.
Note: This image is a placeholder until Elemental Dragon Gems are released in the NA version.
Rules on Dragon Gems[edit | edit source]
Unlike the spark and suffix system, there are a number of limitations that have been placed on the Gem system.
General Rules[edit | edit source]
- Equipment of a lower level can not use a higher level Dragon Gem
- Rare level equipment can not use Epic level Gems
- Epic level equipment and above have no current restrictions on rarity of Gems that can be equip
- Dragon Gems, unlike sparks, can be removed and reslotted for a small fee (<5 gold, depends on rarity and level of gem)
- Equipment can not be sold in the Marketplace or traded until all Dragon Gems are removed
Equipment Specific Rules[edit | edit source]
- Rare level equipment can not use Skill Gems
- Two of the same type of gem can not be equip on a single piece of equipment
- The location of a Dragon Gem has no effect on the bonuses. A Dragon Gem placed in an Armor slot will be no different than in a Headgear slot.
- Different equipment parts can hold different types of Gems
- Headgear: 2x Defensive Dragon Gem, 1x Defensive Skill Gem
- Body Armor: 2x Defensive Dragon Gem, 1x Defensive Skill Gem
- Leg Armor: 2x Defensive Dragon Gem, 1x Defensive Skill Gem
- Gloves: 2x Defensive Dragon Gem, 1x Defensive Skill Gem
- Boots: 2x Defensive Dragon Gem, 1x Defensive Skill Gem
- Primary Weapon: 1x Offensive Dragon Gem, 1x Defensive Dragon Gem, 1x Offensive Skill Gem
- Off-hand Weapon: 1x Offensive Dragon Gem, 1x Defensive Dragon Gem, 1x Offensive Skill Gem
- Necklace: 1x Defensive Dragon Gem
- Earrings: 1x Defensive Dragon Gem
- Ring: 1x Defensive Dragon Gem each
Rarity of Dragon Gems[edit | edit source]
There are currently four rarities of Dragon Gems (as of Dec 2018): Rare, Epic, Unique, and Legend.
Rare: Only one type of rare level gem. These are available prior to reaching level 95 cap.
Epic: In NA, crude and average gems are available up to level 93. At level 95 cap there are crude and challenger gems.
Unique: In NA, unique gems exist at levels lower than 95 cap but due to the nature of a gear based game progression, they have become irrelevant. Average and Quality gems fall into this category. Also colloquially known as "U-Grade Gems".
Legend: Legend gems have existed at each level cap and some lower than level 95 are still very much used. At level 95 cap these gems are referred to as Gladiator or, colloquially, as "L-Grade Gems". These gems are the pinnacle of gem enhancement.
Crude < Average < Quality < Gladiator
Types of Dragon Gems[edit | edit source]
|Level||Type||Name||Stats (Rare)||Stats (Epic)|
Where to Obtain Dragon Gems[edit | edit source]
Rare Dragon Gems are found in Master and above dungeons that are Lv. 40 or above. They usually drop from bosses and Dimensional Rabbits, but they can also drop from minibosses and certain regular monsters as well.
Crude and Average Epic Dragon Gems are found in Nests in the reward chest screen and the chest that appears after killing the final boss. Quality Dragon Gems can only be obtained by crafting them from Average Gems.